Top level training in modern 5 Star ANCAP rated dual control Automatic and Manual vehicles. The first few lessons are critical to ensuring you have the foundation to develop a technically correct driving style. An added bonus is an hour spent with Southern Cross Advanced Driving equates to 3 hours in your logbook for up to 10 hours.
Never turned the key or have had some experience, we will assess your ability to drive during your first lesson and develop an individual training package to suit your level of experience. Your improvement during each lesson will be discussed, recorded and available for you to keep track of your skills development.
Our aim is to provide you with skills to reach your goal of a safe driving future long after passing your practical driving test. Our vehicle is available for you to take your provisional driving test. You will always feel more comfortable sitting your driving test in the same vehicle you have gained your experience.
Flexibility to suit your availability is our priority. Lessons available 6 days per week, day or night and at your choice of pick up location and drop off destination subject to availability. What a great way to get to or from school or work. Here are some of the areas we provide driving lessons - Ipswich, Fernvale, Lowood, Wanora, Fairney View, Wivenhoe Pocket, Plainland, Brightview, Regency Downs, Hatton Vale, Kensington Grove, Glenore Grove, Mount Tarampa, Coominya, Lowood, Esk, Mount Hallan, Toogoolawah, Eskdale, Mount Bepo, Cressbrook, Haigslea, Marburg, Walloon Wulkuraka, Larkhill, Prenzlau, Pine Mountain, Brassall, Leichardt, Karalee and Karana Downs.
What do you need prior to learning to drive.
You can apply for your learner licence in Queensland when you turn 16 providing you are medically fit and have proof of identification.
Additionally before you can get your learner licence, you must pass a written road rules test of 30 multiple choice questions on Queensland's road rules which you must correctly answer
- 9 out of 10 questions about giving way
- 18 out of 20 questions about road rules and driver licence requirements
A practice the test online will let you know when you are ready to pass the test.
Queensland Transport will supply you with a Learner Driver Kit that contains -
- Learner logbook to record your supervised on-road driving
- Road Trip for learner drivers brochure-hints and tips to help you get started and progress through your learning experience
- Road Trip for supervisors brochure-advice to help your supervising driver teach you how to drive safely.
You and your supervisor should understand these documents before your first driving lesson
Progressing from your learner licence to P1 provisional licence
To move from your learner licence to a P1 provisional licence, you must:
- be 17 years of age or older
- have had your learner licence for at least 1 year (within the last 3 years of applying for a P1 licence)
- have recorded 100 hours of supervised driving, including 10 hours of night driving, in a learner logbook
- be able to competently drive a vehicle without guidance from an instructor.
Note - A driver of at least 25 years of age will go from learner licence to P2 provisional licence
Progressing from your P1 provisional to P2 provisional licence
To move up to your P2 provisional licence, you must:
- pass the Queensland Transport Hazard Perception Test
- have held your P1 provisional licence for a period not less than 12 months
Progressing from your P2 provisional to open licence
To move up to your open licence, you must:
- have held your P2 provisional licence for a period not less than 2 years
- have held your P2 provisional licence for a period not less than 12 months if 25 years of age or older