scadlogo 400

scadlogo 400

PHONE: 0411 279 559

Top level training from a Q-Ride qualified motorcycle rider with 35 years riding experience. 

Never turned the key or have had some experience, we will be able to assess your ability to ride during your first lesson and develop a training package to suit your level of experience. Your improvement during each lesson will be discussed, recorded and available for you to keep track of your skills development.

You must have your own motorcycle, learner licence and safety equipment for learner riding instruction. However, when you are ready to take the next step, most registered Q-Ride Training Centres will supply motorcycles. 

Don't think of Q-Ride as a test, it is an assessment of your skills that will be developed throughout training. You will be ready to sit your Q-Ride assessment, once you can ride at a competent level without our guidance.

What do you need to obtain learner motorcycle licence (RE)

To get a learner licence for a motorcycle, you have to hold your provisional, probationary or open car licence for at least 1 year before you can apply. This makes sure you have on-road driving experience before you ride solo.

To get your RE learner licence you need

  • to pass a motorcycle knowledge test
  • to be medically fit to ride.

You can practice the motorcycle knowledge test online.

The motorcycle knowledge test is a combination of road rules and motorcycle riding. After you pass the motorcycle knowledge test, your driver licence will have the class RE added to it. 

What sort of motorcycle can you ride on your RE Licence

A class RE licence holder (learner, provisional, probationary and open), you can only ride a learner approved motorcycle scheme (LAMS) motorcycle. The learner approved motorcycle scheme gives you access to a range of motorcycles and scooters that are appropriate to your level of experience.

A LAMS motorcycle is a production (not custom made) motorcycle that is fitted with an electric motor, or has an internal combustion engine with a capacity of not more than 660mL, and:

  • a power-to-weight ratio that does not exceed 150kW/t
  • is on the list of LAMS approved motorcycles
  • has not been modified except for allowable modifications

Motorcycles produced prior to 1960 and do not exceed 660 mL will be included within the scheme.

Progressing from an RE to an R Licence

To upgrade from a class RE learner licence to an RE provisional or R open, you will need to complete either a Q-Ride training program or pass a Q-SAFE practical riding test.

You must also do this to upgrade from an RE to an R motorcycle licence.

Q-Ride or Q-SAFE

If you live:

  • within a 100km radius of a Q-Ride training centre, you must complete the Q-Ride competency-based training and assessment course
  • outside a 100km radius of a Q-Ride training centre, you can choose to either complete a Q-Ride training course or take the Q-SAFE practical riding test.


Q-Ride is a competency-based training and assessment program delivered by Q-Ride registered providers. During the course you will need to demonstrate your competency on a learner approved motorcycle.

You can enrol in a Q-Ride course and start training as soon as you get your class RE learner licence.

You can apply for your class RE or R provisional or open licence once you get your Q-Ride certificate (or competency declaration) from your training provider. It is important to note that the competency declaration is not a motorcycle licence.

Your competency declaration is only valid for 12 months from the date of issue. If you do not present it within 12 months, it will expire and you will need to undertake Q-Ride again to obtain a new one.


Q-SAFE is a practical riding test delivered by Queensland Government driving examiners. It is designed to evaluate your ability to ride safely and correctly in different road situations.

You can only take the Q-SAFE test if you live more than 100km from a Q-Ride training provider.

If you are eligible, you must hold your RE learner licence for 6 months before taking the Q-SAFE test. During this 6 months you can practice riding with a supervisor.

You must take the test on a LAMS motorcycle.


Book a Lesson

Committed to ensure our trained drivers will not only learn to drive, but also learn to survive, now and in the future.

Flexibility to suit your availability is our priority. Lessons available 7 days a week, day or night.
Your choice of pick up location and drop off destination, subject to availability.

scadlogo 400

Learner Pricing

Prices Start From*

  • 1 hour lesson $55.00
  • 1.5 hour lesson $80.00
  • 2 hour lesson $105.00
  • 1.5 hour pre test and practical driving test in our vehicle $140**

Pay in Advance Packages From*

  • 5 Hours Pre Paid $260
  • 10 Hours Pre Paid $510

*from price is based on locations between Ipswich and Fernvale, as we cover a 70km area, prices will vary the further we travel, please contact us for full price list

**applicable to car learner